Scenic 301+/- Acre Pineywoods Springwater Ranch - Near Woodville
Offering 301+ acres of picturesque hill top scenery, clear flowing springs, beautiful rolling pastures, hardwood bottomland, this heavily improved working ranch features a variety of ranch improvments and a charming remodeled two bedroom, two bath, 2,048 square foot "dog-trot" farm home with an elevated brick porch overlooking an in-ground pool and beautifully landscaped yard. A second guest quarters with a drive-through garage and workshop, an air conditioned workshop/office with storage, and massive hay barn, are all located at the home site which is shaded by ancient magnolias, live oaks, and pines.
This well improved ranch fronts both sides of the spring-fed live water Little Cypress Creek offers complete ranching facilities including working pens, barns, chutes, pastures, feeding areas, fenced alley ways, and other improvements for working livestock. The property has approximately eight miles of perimeter and interior barbed wire fencing, three water wells, community water availability, two strong live springs, and water plumbed to all corners of the fenced home site.
The reportedly 150+ year old farm house was extensively remodeled in the 1950's with another update in the 1990's. The cedar batten sided and brick veneer home rests on it's original site with knotty pine floors, knotty pine paneling, 8' to 9' ceilings, double-hung windows, master suite with jetted tub and bidet, and french interior and exterior doors. The historic house rests on a block and beam foundation boasts elevated brick paved covered porches, both with sitting areas opening towards the front yard and majestic hardwoods or covered under an arbor overlooking the pool and upper hay pasture. The home has central heat/air, tankless on-demand water heating, a small wet bar, reading nook, and small den, or home theatre, occupying the presently enclosed "dog-trot."
Other improvements found on the eight acre hill-top home site include:
- A 25'x25' detached two-car Garage on concrete with automatic overhead doors
- A 3,258 square foot combination building has a finished Storage Room, drive through Garage, and second Dwelling Unit. The Garage has two automatic doors, the Storage Room, approx. 1,000 square feet, is well insulated, has hardie siding, concrete floor, ventilation fan, sink, W/D hookup, lighting, and storage racks. The Dwelling Unit (or Barndominium), approx. 1,226 square feet, is partially completed and is configured as two one bedroom/one bath apartments, each plumbed for bathrooms (one also as a kitchen), both connected by and interior door but each with an exterior door
- A second finished multi-purpose Workshop/Storage/Office building has 2,240 square feet and includes personnel door and overhead door entries, a 24'x20' covered awning, central heat/air, concrete floors, separate Cedar Closet, and ample wooded racks for storage
- Massive 50'x144' Steel Hay of Show Barn (earthen floor) with halogen lighting
- Four Stall Horse Barn is 50'x20' has lighting and tack room
- A 20'x15' windowed Green House on concrete slab has attractive Spanish tiled roof
The land is comprised of a variety of soils but is mostly sandy loam with picturesque rolling terrain broken by many smaller branches and ravines system. Little Cypress Creek is crossed by a very substantial steel bridge which is capable of handling large equipment, farm tractors, and tractor trailers. In addition to the live water creeks and springs there are two potentially ideal five to ten+ acre lake building sites located one each side of the creek. Approximately 100 acres is located in the creek bottomland which features huge oaks, magnolias, beech, dogwoods, redbud, and a variety of other native hardwoods and pines. With excellent habitat, game and wildlife are plentiful here for both viewing or hunting. Larger similar ranch or timber managed properties surround the ranch whose privacy is secured by a fenced wooded buffer existing along much of the property's boundary.
Situated just minutes from the Tyler County Airport and just over an hours' drive from north Houston this remarkable, rare-on-the-market multi-use ranch located in a very desirable area of East Texas offers historical, quality improvements, privacy and security, and unmatched views of the surrounding countryside!
Please contact for more information or to arrange a personal tour. Showing by appointment only.