|40+/- Wooded Acres with Cottage Overlooking Lake
Overlooking a private one acre spring-fed lake sits this newly built 2BR/2BA, 1,000+ square foot cottage featuring an elevated covered screened-in porch with unobstructed views of the lake and yard, Cypress and Pine paneled walls, custom cabinetry, laminate flooring, dual en suite bedrooms, attached carport, and a full-house backup generator system. Outside the hillside home site are storage buildings, an finished equipment shed, a well house, and generator enclosure. The fenced property 40.95 acre property features gently rolling terrain and is heavily wooded, mostly in a mature pine plantation, but also with many beautiful larger hardwoods located in the livewater branch and ravine system.
The home, finished in 2011, was built on concrete piers and has hardie siding and skirting, vaulted ceiling, gas burning fireplace, hardwood laminate flooring, select 8' Pine tongue & groove paneling, special 12' Cypress paneling, two sets of custom-made wooden single beds, all-electric galley styled kitchen, and custom built Pine cabinets, stylish upscale fixtures, custom built-ins, solid wood doors, and nine foot ceilings throughout.
Some features of the home include:
- A vaulted ceiling 21'x12' Main Living Area featuring laminate floors, fireplace with slate hearth and Cypress mantle, ceiling fans, 12' Cypress panels, stylish Cypress mouldings, built-in corner bookcase, dining area, and double door to elevated screened-in porch
- 12'x8' all electric Kitchen features custom select fur-down Pine cabinets, laminate flooring, formica counter tops, stainless sink, large pantry closet, and stainless slide-in electric range, refrigerator and microwave
- First Bedroom Suite is 20'x15' with laminate floors, dual twin custom made Pine beds, select Pine panelling, ceiling fan, built-in desk, and double-door to covered rear deck. Attached Bath is 7'x8' has ceramic tile floors, large walk-in closet, stylish pedestal vanity, and walk-in shower
- Second Bedroom Suite is 15'x12' offers Pine panelling, dual twin custom made Pine beds, laminate floors, ceiling fan, large closet, and double door to covered porch. The 9'x8' bath has tiled floors, custom Pine vanity, and walk-in shower
- Second Bedroom is 12'x15' features carpeting, ceiling fan, large closet, tall ceilings, and crown molding
- The rear approximately 50'x8' Covered Screened-in Porch features ceiling fans, and separate exterior staircase entry
- An 18'x8' Covered Back Porch has exterior staircase and 6'x8' closet and 6'x8' Utility Closet with electric W/D hookups
- The attached two-car Carport measures 20'x25'
- Property has water well and private septic system
- Underground utilities
- Attractive piped entry gate with automatic gate opener
Other improvements include a partially finished 18'x24' equipment shed, a finished 12'x12' storage building with roll up and personnel door, and the 6'x8' finished well house on concrete slab which has storage area and shelter for backup generator system.
The spring-fed lake is stocked with large catfish, bass, and perch and offers excellent fishing. A small pier with fish feeder and a boardwalk allow access along the dam to the opposite of the lake. The property itself has fertile sandy loamy soils and is wooded primarily with 20+ year old pine timber, although there are many Magnolia, Beech, and various native Oak trees found around the lake and homesite. Great hunting can be found in this area for white-tailed deer, feral hogs, other small game animals, and possibly waterfowl. The property is located less than a mile from U. S. Highway 190 west of Woodville and is surrounded mostly by larger unimproved, plantation timber tracts so privacy and seclusion are ensured.
Situated far off the beaten path this nicely improved property offers a beautiful secluded country setting, high value newer improvements, and great recreational, hunting, and long-term timber production opportunities. Located just 80 minutes from north Houston or about an hour’s drive from the Beaumont/Pt. Arthur area.
Please contact us for more information or to schedule a personal tour. Showing by appointment only.